CASTE STRUCTURE V 2.0
1) The High Castes of the Isle Island of Svago, in traditional order of authority, are: The Caste of Initiates (White), The Caste of Scribes (Blue), The Caste of Physicians (Green), The Caste of Builders (Yellow) and the Caste of Warriors (Red).
a) The Caste of Initiates act as the voice of the Priest-Kings and are the spiritual advisors of the Isle Island of Svago. At no time, will any woman be allowed to be a member of the Caste of Initiates. Any woman claiming such will immediately be put to death either by the Blue Flame or by impalement
b) The Caste of Scribes act as record keepers, Magistrates, Praetors, Map Makers, and Librarians for the Island of Svago.
i) Maps of the city are to be kept by authorized Scribes and Warriors only. Such authority may be obtained from the High Council, the High Magistrate, or the appropriate Head of the Caste. Any person, free or slave, found in possession of a map of the Isle Island of Svago without authorization shall be subject to punishment under Section 3, of the Laws of the Isle of Svago..
ii) The Caste of Scribes will organize and run the annual census.
iii) The Caste of Physicians act as the authority on all matters of public health. They are the sole authority to administer stabilization serum.
2) The Caste of Builders act as the authority on all matters of infrastructure for the Isle Island of Svago. Only free men of the Caste may engage in the building and maintenance of the walls and buildings of the Isle Island of Svago.
3) The Caste of Warriors act as the protectors of law and order for the Isle Island of Svago. The Head of Caste will also act as authorized authority to discuss military alliances with other cities on behalf of the High Council. Such authority includes, but is not limited to finalizing, changing, and approving any such alliances.
4) All free of the Isle Island of Svago have the right to defend themselves. Free men of the Isle of Svago may wear visibly wield small weapons (IE: swords, daggers, small crossbows). Free women of the Isle of Svago may not wear visible wield any weapons but may have a concealed dagger or pin on their person.
1) The Low Castes have no order of authority, though general tradition holds that the Caste of Merchants is the ‘lead’ Low Caste.
a) The Caste of Merchants shall act as the authority on all matters of Merchant Law and coin.
b) The Head of Caste will determine, under authority and approval of the High Council, the standard for weight for all coins stamped with the seal of the Isle of Svago. The Isle of Island of Svago recognizes and follows the Merchant Laws as drafted at the Sardar Fair.
2) The Caste of Assassins is recognized by the Isle of Svago. Any member of the Caste of Assassins shall be allowed entry into the Isle Island of Svago. Any marked Assassin shall not be interfered with or impeded in the performance of his Caste duties. However, this does not mean that a Warrior of the Isle of Svago may not try to intercede and protect a citizen once the Assassin draws steel.
3) The Caste of Thieves is not recognized by the Isle Island of Svago and all those claiming this Caste are automatically considered an outlaw and subject to punitive actions under Section 3, of the Laws of the Isle of Svago..
4) Mercenary work may be performed by any free man wishing to voluntarily take up employment as a private guard, mercenary, or similar endeavor. When such occurs, the free man is exempt from any punitive action for not performing their Caste duties for as long as the mercenary contract is in effect. All Mercenary contracts must be filled through the Magistrate’s office to be put into official record.
5) The Slave Houses will not engage in breeding program programs, The desire to have slaves with special qualities will be acquired through the Slave Houses by purchases.
revised : 01-12-2017